Fashion, historically, is one of the toughest industries to break into. And for designers? It’s even tougher. However, emerging fashion talent has found a new entrepreneurial haven. Now more than ever, emerging designers are flocking to Atlanta—creating the newest hub for fashion’s rising industry names.
The organization standing at the forefront of this movement? RAGTRADE Atlanta.
RAGTRADE Atlanta was created by a group of local industry professionals who are passionate about developing a vibrant and globally recognized fashion community for the city of Atlanta. The organization’s goal is to discover and promote emerging designers by providing a space for fresh talent to showcase their designs to leaders and key influencers in the fashion community.
RAGTRADE Atlanta will produce a series of fashion events leading up to a premier runway weekend debuting August 23, 2014. After scouring the city for it’s top emerging talent, the committee has selected five emerging designers to show at the event:
- Anna Toth – 2014 Charleston Fashion Week “Emerging Designer of the Year” winner
- Edmond Newton – NBC’s Fashion Star contestant
- Larika Page – 2010 Charleston Fashion Week “Emerging Designer of the Year” winner
- Milo Beloved – Harold & Mod creator, with a focus on vintage-inspired clothing utilizing vintage materials
- Natt Taylor – features in the Atlanta Journal Constitution, the Daily Candy Atlanta, and has recently caught the attention of Macy’s buyers and other local boutiques
With the official support of the city, and collaboration amongst industry leaders and resources, RAGTRADE Atlanta provides the ideal platform for fashion’s emerging talent. RAGTRADE Atlanta is bringing the business of fashion to Atlanta.